Hello, Dave! There was a workaround... Please take a look at below:
Hi, Dave and everyone. This will work with MAPublisher 8.2 or any earlier version of MAPublisher.
Suggested workaround: Obtain the KML data from the original source (see below)
1) Open the KML file in the notepad / text editor
2) Use the Find and Replace function. You will have to replace the "amp;" to "&"
3) After the find and replace function is performed for all "amp;", select the http link in the file.
4) Open an Internet browser and paste the copied HTTP link to the address bar. You will be asked to save or open the file from the link. I saved it on my Desktop.
5) When importing the directly downloaded KML file to MAPublisher, you now have the arts imported successfully.
(Please take a look at the screeshot for step 1, 2, 3, adn 5 if it helps
I hope this will work for your KML files..