The following is a list of the data layers included in the MAPdataWorld dataset. Note: Not all layers may be present for all areas.
Boundary (Area) Layers
- Administrative regions - national boundaries*
- Oceans - oceans of the world
- Lakes - permanent, impermanent and salt lakes, etc.
- Hydrography/drainage - water lines such as rivers and canals etc.
- Roads - major road networks in a fully topological form
- Railways - main rail lines
- Administrative Lines - international, state and disputed boundaries
- Coastlines - world coastal boundaries
- Grid - latitude and longitude grid of the world in preset intervals
- Cities and towns - capital cities, and five other municipal classes based on population
- Symbolized points (individual layers)
- airports - major airports worldwide
- mountains - major peaks worldwide
- lighthouses, mountain passes, ocean depths and other points of interest
- Contours - Height ranges shown in different colours.
- Hillshading - Hillshading that, when combined with contours, shows effectively height changes of the land.
- Pre-labeled text layers for each of the following at appropriate zoom levels:
- Capital cities
- Other cities
- Major land features
- States & provinces
- Water features
- Other text
* This data set is circa 2008 and as such the international political boundaries contained in this data set may not necessarily reflect the current world state.