Avenza Releases MAPublisher 8.2 for Adobe Illustrator
Toronto, ON, November 24, 2009 - Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Geographic Imager spatial tools for Adobe Photoshop is pleased to announce the release of MAPublisher 8.2 for Adobe Illustrator. MAPublisher 8.2 is the latest version of this powerful mapmaking software used to produce high quality maps from GIS data for both print and electronic distribution and now offers support for both creating geospatial PDF files from within Adobe Creative Suite and importing GIS map data directly from ESRI geodatabases.
MAPublisher 8.2 for Adobe Illustrator is a full product upgrade that is free of charge to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher, version 8.1, for all new customers using Adobe Illustrator CS3 and/or CS4.
"MAPublisher 8.2 is another major advance for this powerful and widely used cartographic and map-design platform,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza, “MAPublisher now offers the first and only solution for creating geospatial PDF files from within Adobe Creative Suite and with the inclusion of import support for ESRI geodatabases offers a truly comprehensive map design and publishing solution.” he added.
MAPublisher 8.2 includes all the significant functionality introduced in earlier releases of MAPublisher as well as the following new features and enhancements.
New Features of MAPublisher 8.2 for Adobe Illustrator
- Export to Geospatial PDF with optional retention of attributes and referencing for re-import to Illustrator
- Support for the new MAPublisher spatial database import system for ESRI geodatabases (additional license required. Windows only)
- Upgraded functionality for the MAPublisher LabelPro collision-free rule-based labeling system (additional license required)
- Dozens of improvements & enhancements for the MAP Web Author Tool for automatic creation of interactive Flash maps
- New MAP Measurement tool for measuring lengths, perimeters and areas in page or map units
- Import and export of KMZ files
- Enhanced grid and graticule functionality with a number of new features including full support for rotated MAP Views
- New functionality to create attributes for text objects from corresponding map features
- New functionality to create a map index using additional feature attributes
- Enhanced Expression Builder with recently used list and many new functions
- Enhanced Preferences options includes dozens of new customizable items for most MAPublisher functions
- Upgraded MAP View panels with new functionality
- Various other user interface improvements and performance enhancements to improve usability
More about MAPublisher for Illustrator
MAPublisher for Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of this graphics design software for working with GIS data and producing high-quality maps with efficiency.
MAPublisher 8.2 for Illustrator is available free of charge to all MAPublisher for Illustrator customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance members at US$549. New licenses are US$1249. Academic, floating and volume pricing is available. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Full details are available at www.avenza.com/mapublisher.More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information:
Avenza Systems ● 416-487-5116 ● email@example.com ● www.avenza.com