Avenza Releases Geographic Imager 3.4 for Adobe Photoshop
- Now includes advanced spatial data import options -
Toronto, ON, January 23, 2012 - Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher® cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator® and PDF Maps for Apple iOS, is pleased to announce the release of Geographic Imager 3.4 for Adobe Photoshop. This release is fully compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS5.1, which is also known as Adobe Photoshop 12.1 in Adobe CS5.5, as well as Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 in Adobe CS5.
"We're delighted to release Geographic Imager 3.4 with even more format support,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza. “We've also included new options to import and export images, providing users with even more ways to streamline and improve their data editing work flow. In addition, included are some priority fixes based on user requests and feedback,” he added.
Additional Geographic Imager 3.4 features
- Fully compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (also known as Photoshop 12.1 in Adobe CS5.5) in both 32 and 64 bit
- New import support for ERDAS IMAGINE (.img), Esri ArcInfo Binary Float Grid (.flt), and "DEM" grayscale GeoTIFF (*.tif) formats, including ability to import georeferenced images from Web Map Service (WMS) sources
- New export support for BigTIFF, ECW (up to 0.5 GB), and NITF formats
- Major enhancements to Advanced Import, including options to:
- import multiple files of differing formats
- resample and crop images prior to import
- modify bands/channel color mapping and select specific channels to import for multiband/hyperband images
- mosaic and import images as layers into existing documents specify and adjust DEM and DTM information and combine multiple DEM files on import
- Enhanced Quick Save feature for quick format conversion
- New ability to measure areas in images using the Adobe Photoshop Measurement Log panel
- Various bug fixes and user experience enhancements
More about Geographic Imager for Adobe Photoshop
Geographic Imager is powerful software for working with spatial imagery in Adobe Photoshop that leverages the superior image editing capabilities of this raster-based image-editing software and transforms it into a powerful spatial imagery editing tool. Work with satellite imagery, aerial photography, orthophotos, and DEMs in GeoTIFF and other major GIS image formats using Adobe Photoshop features such as transparencies, filters, and image adjustments while maintaining georeferencing and support for hundreds of coordinate systems and projections.
Geographic Imager 3.4 is available immediately free of charge to all Geographic Imager Maintenance Program members and at prices starting at US$319 for non-maintenance members. Academic and volume license pricing are also available.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac, Windows and Apple mobile device users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information contact: