Busy mid-town Toronto software company, producer of the award-winning Avenza Maps mobile app, requires an experienced eCommerce Manager for a full-time position. This is a hands-on technical position requiring expertise in web and app-based store management.
The Avenza Map Store (https://www.avenzamaps.com/maps/) contains close to one million of digital maps from a wide range of well-known publishers such as National Geographic, BackroadMapBooks, US Forest Service and hundreds more. The maps are sold through the website and the in-app Map Store for offline use on phones and tablets.
Why choose Avenza?
Avenza is redefining how people create and interact with maps and is having a lot of fun in the process. The company has been a success story in the world of GIS professional software for a quarter of a century, and it has been rapidly expanding into the web and mobile space over the last few years.
Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture. We are located in trendy mid-town Toronto, offer full benefits in a fun, exciting and flexible work environment!
What will you do:
- Manage an inventory of 1M digital maps, organize the intake of new data and assess map sales performance
- Drive the development of the Map Store based on market feedback
- Monitor key web and in-app store performance metrics, from acquisition to conversion, to retention
- Work directly with UI/UX experts to create and improve website workflows; design, run and assess web/in-app store a/b tests
- Help to guide the development team to improve the store user experience
- Assist with the running of electronic marketing and promotion campaigns to increase store sales
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings, monitor the progress of the team
- Participate in conferences and industry events, work with customers and promote the product vision, in collaboration with the Business Development, sales and marketing units
- Create and oversee the execution of the overall business plan for the Avenza Maps e-commerce platform
- Be accountable for managing the overall map store efforts with a focus on eCommerce
- Lead and manage the map store team and guide them to deliver on their mandates
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to determine the long term vision for the Avenza Map Store and translate it into concrete execution plans and specific requirements
- Organize data procurement efforts and inventory management processes
- Focus on enhancing vendor experience
- Be the primary liaison between the development group, the business unit and the customers
- Provide thorough insights on the state of the Map Store, and identify sales trends and opportunities
- 3 – 5 years of web or app-based eCommerce management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on expertise in web/app digital store management, store front end design and optimization, SEO techniques and digital marketing
- In-depth understanding and proven experience working with data collection and analysis tools (such as Google Analytics), ability to analyze metrics, identify statistically significant trends and recommend data-driven strategies
- Strong statistical and mathematical skills, with high proficiency in spreadsheets or Excel
- Past experience managing an eCommerce team to excellence
- Keen personal interest in mobile and location-based technologies, travel and navigation
- High-energy and passion for delivering the best products on the market
- Preference given to a University Degree in business management, finance, computer science, or a related discipline
Other strong assets:
- Background in one or more of the following areas:
- a) mapping, geography, trekking, forestry, aviation and navigation
- b) GIS, cartography, geodesy or remote sensing
Other information about the job:
- Candidates with practical hands on experience in running an enterprise type of eCommerce store and or platform will be given preferential consideration.
- This role involves working with customers located around the world, and as such, there is an occasional need to work flexibly to suit the relevant time zones of customers
- Travel of up to 5% may be required.
- Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com)
- strictly no recruiters / consulting inquiries. This is a full-time position
|Job Category||Map Store|