Avenza is redefining how customers create and interact with digital maps and is having a lot of fun in the process. Our Vision is to maintain our lead positioning in the industry and be the premiere technology company for map creation, distribution and use. We are a growing team of software developers, QA Specialists and GIS experts that are passionate about our products. We have been successful as a team for more than 20 years and we take pride in creating software that is used by thousands of professionals and millions of users all over the world. Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture.
We are located only steps from the Davisville subway station. We offer a fun, exciting and flexible work environment. You will have the chance to interact with a global clientele from small businesses to large international organizations. If you thrive in a challenging environment, and are capable of multitasking and have a passion for all things spatial, join us!
You will be working with a small and tightly integrated team, working to help drive the company. We need your expertise to elevate our team to the next level, while also being responsible for financial and analytic support for Avenza. The role involves long-term financial and operational planning as well as preparing financial reports.
You Will :
- Manage the day to day financial operations of Avenza
- Responsible for the accuracy of Avenza’s accounting transactions and records
- Provide analytical support to the business team in understanding the financial implications of current and new lines of businesses or initiatives
- Responsible for managing all incoming revenues and preparing corresponding reconciliations and documents (invoices, tax receipts, financial reporting)
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process
- Lead budgeting and operational planning process
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures (including inventory management)
- Help process payroll on an as-needed basis
- Other ad-hoc finance and accounting projects
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) either completed or in progress preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting software such as AccountingEdge and ADP Team Pay payroll software is highly preferred
- Demonstrate a “common sense” approach to problem-solving and analysis
- Strong desire to collaborate, a high level of initiative-taking, and a professional attitude
- Good time-management skills and a flexible attitude, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Great team player and can also thrive in self-managed and independent environments
- Past experience in a similar role in a small or medium-size company
- Experience interacting with customers and vendors on the phone or by e-mail
- Positive and upbeat personality to engage internally with our team and externally with our points of contact
- Experience with Google applications and Microsoft products (Word,Excel)
We have great benefits!
- Competitive Base Salary
- Full Benefits Package
- Casual Dress Code
- Informal and friendly work environment
- Free Coffee and Fruit
- Bagel Wednesdays
- Regular Catered Lunches
- Release Parties
- Social Events
- And lots more!
- Travel opportunities for conferences
- BBQ on site for staff use
NB: strictly no recruiters. Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only. Resumes received by any other method will be discarded.