Busy midtown Toronto mapping software company, the producer of the award-winning Avenza Maps app, requires an experienced front-end application developer to join our team. The Avenza Maps app is an offline map viewer with a broad feature set appealing to both casual users, mapping geeks and industry professionals. Maps are available through the app’s digital mobile map store, an iTunes-like store for maps. The app is used daily by tens of thousands of users all over the world, including pilots, forest rangers, military personnel, hikers and more, to help people play, work, navigate and even save lives when off-the-grid
As a Senior Front-End Developer at Avenza you will:
- Focus on design, develop and delivery of user-facing features for a collection of websites associated with Avenza Maps products (see https://www.avenzamaps.com/search.html for example)
- Work on the ReactNative component of Avenza Maps store embedded in the app
- Design A/B tests, set up experiments and assess the results to improve user experience and raise conversion rates
- Participate in reviews of your own and team members code through GitLab
- Participate in daily scrum meetings. Communicate progress and issues with your team members
- Investigate relevant emerging technologies and processes. Make recommendations as to how we may use them to improve our own systems
If you are an experienced web developer looking for new challenges and exciting new products to work on, come join a growing team of versatile engineers at our newly renovated office located on the Yonge subway line.
More about us:
We offer full benefits with a 100% dental/drugs coverage, a fun and flexible work environment, and innovative web and GIS technologies to work with. We are passionate about our products and take pride in creating software used by thousands of GIS professionals and millions of users all over the world. We value communication and collaboration and practice agile software development methods, always striving to improve as a team, and as a company. We offer flexible hours and a certain degree of telecommuting if required.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience and interest in React Native
- Deep understanding of core UI/UX principles and proven ability to translate them to code
- Strong front end design skills and track record in building UI for large-scale web applications from scratch
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile-first principles
- Solid understanding of RESTFul architecture and APIs
- Passion for a data-driven approach focused on improving the outcomes through experiments and analysis
Nice To Have:
- Exposure to GIS (Geographic Information Systems) technology, Google Maps, OpenStreetMaps etc
- Expertise with one of popular web development frameworks such as Python / Django, LAMP, MEAN, PHP, Node.js or similar
- Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only, citing Full Stack Developer as the position and the reference #010519FED
- Strictly no recruiters / consulting inquiries
- Only those candidates who are selected will be contacted but we would like to thank everyone for applying.