Busy Toronto GIS software company, producer of the award winning Avenza Maps app and applications for Adobe Create Cloud, requires an Android Developer for the next generation of its flagship cartographic GIS mobile applications, for a full time position.
Out commuter-friendly mobile development office is located right next to King subway and steps from the Union station, with flexible hours and a certain degree of telecommuting. We offer many benefits in a fun, exciting and flexible work environment and innovative technologies to work with.
We are passionate about our work and products and take pride in creating software used by thousands of GIS professionals and millions of users all over the world. We value communication and collaboration and practice agile software development methods, always striving to improve as a team, and as a company.
You will be working with a small, informal and tightly integrated team of programmers and QAs on a wide variety of existing and upcoming GIS-related mobile software development projects. Please check our website for more information about our current products.
- Professional experience building native mobile applications for Android devices (Java and/or Kotlin)
- Solid GUI skills (Material design)
- In depth understanding of core OOP concepts
- Proven ability to deliver complete product features, from design to release
- High standard of quality in coding practices
- Experience with C++ including exceptions, memory management and smart pointers
Any of the following is nice to have for some of our ongoing projects:
- Experience developing iOS applications (Swift / Objective-C)
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Interest in digital geography and maps
This is why great people work here:
- Cool, cutting-edge technology stack
- Real products used daily by thousands of professionals and amateurs, all over the world
- Informal friendly environment
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits plan
- Located steps from the Yonge subway line
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Causal dress code
- Education assistance program
- Lunch and Learns
- Frequent company wide town hall meetings
- Software release parties
- Patio BBQs
- Free coffee, fruit and bagel Wednesdays
Strictly no recruiters please.
Only those candidates who are selected will be contacted but we would like to thank everyone for applying.