Avenza is redefining how customers create and interact with maps, and is having a lot of fun in the process.
Our vision is to be the premier technology company for map creation, distribution and use. We are a growing team of software developers, QA Specialists and GIS experts that are passionate about our products. We have been successful as a team for more than 20 years and we take pride in creating software that is used by thousands of professionals and millions of users all over the world. Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture.
We are located only steps from the Davisville subway station and offer a fun, exciting and flexible work environment. You will have the chance to interact with a global clientele from small businesses to large international organizations and governments. If you thrive in a challenging environment, and are capable of multitasking and have a passion for all things spatial, join us!
You will be working with a small and tightly integrated team, working to help drive the company. We need your expertise to elevate our team to the next level, while also offering guidance to our customers.
You Will :
- Add/update and maintain customer information and orders in SugarCRM
- Maintain customer and sales lead database
- Work with the sales team on a daily basis assisting as needed
- Create invoices and record sales transactions daily
- Greet visitors and answer the telephone in a friendly and upbeat manner
- Prepare and manipulate spreadsheets which contain numerical data
- Assist with the planning of company events and booking travel
- Prepare invoices and shipping orders by courier, email and mail
- General office administration functions such as filing, copying, faxing, mail, etc.
- Track expenses and prepare expense reports weekly
- Prepare cheques and do other minor financial tasks
- Take responsibility for the kitchen and other common areas of the office
- Very strong attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
- The ability to learn quickly, multi-task and pick up new concepts easily
- Excellent understanding of customer needs and the ability to be proactive
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment effectively
- University or College degree or experience in a related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years of working experience in a technology company, including extensive hands-on experience with office administration
- Very strong documentation and summarization skills
- Ability to write and complete reports effectively
- Knowledge of Sugar CRM or similar CRM tool
- Past experience in a similar role in a small or medium size company
- Experience offering customer assistance on the phone or by email
- Positive and upbeat personality to engage with customers
- Experience with Google applications (GMail, Docs, Sheets etc) and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience and practical familiarity with web browsers and email clients
We have great benefits!
- Competitive Base Salary
- Benefits Package
- Casual Dress Code
- An informal and friendly work environment
- Bagel Wednesdays with fruit and yogurt
- Release Parties
- BBQ on site for staff use
NOTE: strictly no recruiters.
Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only. Resumes received by any other method will be discarded.
Only those candidates who are selected will be contacted but we would like to thank everyone for applying.