Busy mid-town Toronto software company, producer of the award-winning Avenza Maps mobile app, requires an experienced Software Product Manager for a full-time position.
Why choose Avenza?
Are you interested in learning and working with leading software development tools and methodologies? Do you want to see first hand how your work is helping people work and play? Avenza is redefining how people create and interact with maps and is having a lot of fun in the process.
Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture.
We provide a clear and constant focus on our people, doing the right thing, not just for the future success of the company but for their long term development as individuals. We are located in trendy mid-town Toronto, offer full benefits in a fun, exciting and flexible work environment!
What will you do:
- Work within a small, informal and tightly integrated team of software engineers, QAs and GIS experts and interact with other key stakeholders, from top executives to large customers
- Become the authoritative expert on everything the app can do and all the associated customers’ workflows
- Analyze and evaluate customer requirements, deliver detailed feature specs for the development team, and oversee execution, from the feature conception to its adoption by customers
- Monitor key app performance metrics, from acquisition to conversion, to retention, analyze them and provide reports to the executive team with the recommendations
- Collect, analyze and summarize market feedback from several internal (dev, sales, technical support) and external sources (customers feedback, working with large customers directly) in order to determine which features would be most beneficial to our customers while balancing the resources available
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings, monitor the progress and answer internal and external inquiries about the state of the product
- Participate in conferences and industry events, work with customers and promote the product vision, in collaboration with the BD, sales and marketing units
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to determine the long term vision for the app and translate it to concrete execution plans and specific requirements
- Be the primary liaison between the development group, the business unit and the customers
- Be accountable for providing the development team with full detailed feature specifications and guiding product delivery through the software development process, with a clear focus on customer insight and needs
- Be accountable for coordinating app release activities across different functional teams, as well as dealing with associated documentation and translation tasks
- Organize gathering and assessment of customer requirements, market insight and performance metrics and translate these into data-driven actionable items
- Closely follow the latest changes in GIS and mobile technology and market trends
- 3 – 5 years of software application product management experience in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth understanding and proven experience working with data collection and analysis tools (such as Google Analytics, Firebase etc), ability to crunch the numbers, identify statistically significant trends and recommend data-driven strategies
- Strong stats and math skills, high proficiency in spreadsheets or Excel (will be tested!)
- Keen personal interest in mobile and location-based technologies, travel and navigation
- High-energy and passion for delivering the best products on the market
- University Degree in computer science, GIS, management or related discipline
Other strong assets:
- Experience managing mobile, web or cloud-based products
- Background in one or more of the following areas:
- a) mapping, geography, trekking, forestry, aviation and navigation
- b) GIS, cartography, geodesy or remote sensing
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
Other information about the job:
- This role involves working with customers located around the world, and as such, there is an occasional need to work flexibly to suit the relevant time zones of customers
- Travel of up to 5% may be required.
- Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only citing reference #190620SPM
- strictly no recruiters / consulting inquiries. This is a full-time position
Only those candidates who are selected will be contacted but we would like to thank everyone for applying.