Busy mid-town Toronto GIS software company, producer of the award-winning MAPublisher and Geographic Imager applications and the Avenza Maps app, requires a Customer Support Specialist.
- Investigate and help resolve customer issues using Avenza’s applications
- Provide assistance for prospective customers employed in a variety of mapping / GIS companies, governments and educational institutions
- Assist QA staff with testing Avenza’s applications prior to release
- Assist the Avenza Map Store Team with georeferencing, map reviews and vendor support
- A minimum of one year practical work experience in a customer service environment (technology/software experience preferred)
- Basic understanding of general geography, GIS and mapping science foundations of geodesy and related concepts and terminology
- Genuine interest in troubleshooting and resolving complex cartographic, GIS and software-related issues
- Experience and proficiency working with, configuring and troubleshooting Android and iOS mobile devices
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
You may also have:
- Completion of an accredited cartographic or GIS educational program or equivalent work experience
- Applied knowledge of a variety of GIS applications such as ESRI ArcGIS, GlobalMapper, Safe FME Desktop, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- General IT (Windows / Mac / Unix / Linux) and TCP/IP networking skills
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite products, specifically Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Avenza MAPublisher, Geographic Imager, the Avenza Maps app, Spatial Databases
- Familiarity with online data portals, WMS / WFS servers, online mapping (Google Maps, MapBox TileMill)
- Leadership and presentation skills
We have great benefits!
- Competitive Base Salary
- Full Benefits Package
- Casual Dress Code
- Release Parties and Social Events
- And lots more!
- Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only, citing Applications Support Specialist as the position and the reference #190425AS
- Strictly no recruiters / consulting inquiries