Thank you for contacting Avenza Systems Inc. I would suggest you follow the two-step workflow below to pull up all records that have all uppercase values in the #name field.
Create a new field and assign True/False values to records that are all in uppercase (or not):
1. Open your MAP Attributes table from the ‘Properties’ section in MAPublisher toolbar (make sure to have the correct layer selected before you do this).
2. From the bottom-right corner of the MAP Attributes window, select ‘Edit Schema’.
3. From the bottom-left corner of the Edit Schema window, click on the green plus sign to add a new column.
4. Give the new column a suitable ‘Name’ such as ‘UpperCase’ for example.
5. Choose the column ‘Type’ as ‘String’ and change the size to ’10’ (or a suitable number for your case).
6. Make sure ‘Visible’ box is checked on, and also check the ‘Derive value from expression:’ box on.
7. At the end of the ‘Expression:’ box, click on the ‘Pencil’ icon to open the ‘Expression Builder’ window.
8. Build the following expression in order to assign “True” or “False” values to records that are either all in uppercase or not:
IF( #Name = UPPER(#Name), “True”, “False”)
9. Click on ‘OK’ to create the new column and apply the expression.
Do a ‘Selection’ to pull up all the records that returned ‘True’ (aka. has all uppercase values in the #Name column):
1. Open your MAP Selections window from the ‘Organization’ section in MAPublisher toolbar.
2. From the bottom-right corner of the MAP Selections window, click on the plus sign to select ‘Create New MAP Selection’.
3. Give your MAP Selection a name such as ‘UpperCaseRecords’ for example.
4. Select ‘Attribute Filter’ for ‘Type’.
5. Select your ‘Layer’.
6. At the end of the ‘Expression:’ box, click on the ‘Pencil’ icon to open the ‘Expression Builder’ window.
7. Build the following expression in order to select all the records that returned ‘True’:
8. Then click on ‘Save and Select’, which should select all the requested records for you.
Hope this helps your workflow! If you have any other questions or would like more customized help with your workflow, please feel free contact our support team via the following link: http://help.avenza.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=13809
Avenza Systems Inc.