My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Reply To: Converting Text layer to Line layer

Home Forums MAPublisher Converting Text layer to Line layer Reply To: Converting Text layer to Line layer

malena

Thank you for your post. I can offer you two different possible solutions:

1. Using the Text Utilities tool(Object > MAPublisher > Text Utilities), you can create a line from a text on a path. This will create a line segment based on the text on a path source. You can view the documentation on this tool here.

2. If you already have a line layer, you can join the line layer to the text layer. To do this you will use the Spatial Join tool. You will want to change your text layer to a line MAP Layer within the MAP Views, you can create a new MAP Layer within the MAP Views panel, this will create a new layer in the Layers panel then you can simply drag the text layer to be a sublayer of this new Line Layer you have created. In order to perform a spatial join, the text layer must be a defined MAP Layer.

I do believe one of these two options will work for your desired end result, however, it is difficult to fully comprehend what you are looking to achieve without seeing your data. If you would like please feel free to submit a support ticket here and you can include your AI file and we can get in touch with you directly.

If you have any questions or issues please let me know.