My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Android OS upgraded – tracks, placemarks missing

Home Forums General Android OS upgraded – tracks, placemarks missing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amit Chahal 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jwrushman
    Participant

My Samsung Android phone required an OS upgrade. After the upgrade, the Avenza Maps was still there but the maps were gone. I was able to re-download the maps from the Map Store, but my tracks and placemarks are gone. Is there anyway to recover theses? In the future, if my phone requires an OS upgrade again, is there a way to export/save track and placemarks pre-emptively so I can recover them after the OS upgrade?

xavier

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Could you let me know which version of OS you were using and which one you went to?

You shouldn’t have to reinstall the app or anything, when the OS is upgraded. However, if you do delete the app then it also deletes any maps and map features. Therefore, there isn’t anything you can do to recover these.

In the future, you can prevent this by export the map features: https://support.avenzamaps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035481091-Exporting-map-features-from-a-map

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to let me know.

congly.vaness
    Participant

You shouldn’t have to reinstall the app or anything, when the OS is upgraded. However, if you do delete the app then it also deletes any maps and map features. Therefore, there isn’t anything you can do to recover these unless you back them up first. But this is normal with apps.

Amit Chahal
    Participant

I was have same issue last week but now it is solve after update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here