My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Attribute data viewer

Home Forums Avenza Maps Feature Requests Attribute data viewer

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  oliver 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

arnaud.leidgens
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Software like Adobe Reader allows to browse the attribute data of a layer if it has been exported in a geospatial PDF format.
    I’m talking here about the layers from the pdf map itself, not the features that you add afterwards in Avenza Maps.
    Having a kind of “identify tool”, leading to a pop-up dialog box or a spreadsheet, would be a top-end solution.

We would love to have this functionnality. I’ve never found any Android applications allowing this, despite if it seems that the geospatial format stores those information. According to my experience, it may interest a lot of users.

Best regards,
    Arnaud L.

oliver

Hello!

Thank you for the suggestion! Due to the way we handle the Geospatial PDF file when the map is imported into Avenza Maps (it is rasterized, tiled and flattened), this is not currently a possibility but it is definitely something that we could look at doing in the future when we are able to incorporate vector geometry.

I will make sure that this is filed for future consideration!

Kind Regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here