My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Avenza Map 2 Different Layers (Toggle?)

Home Forums General Avenza Map 2 Different Layers (Toggle?)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joseph.nguyen 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

joseph.nguyen
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to create a single map that toggles LidAR image and a Satellite image (Bing maps). I can see the different layers when I open it in adobe and toggle them on and off. However when I open in the app I can’t see the different layers I created it’s all in one.

Ideally would like to toggle the LiDAR and sat whenever I like to. Not sure what the best way to approach this

Many thanks,

Joseph

xavier

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your post.

I just want to confirm that I understand what you are trying to do and what you are doing.

You want to map that contains both some LiDAR imagery and some Satellite imagery. You then export that map to a pdf or tiff and import it to Avenza Maps.

Then you want both raster layers to be present within the single file and the ability to turn one on and the other off.

If that’s correct, the easiest thing to do is actually import one map that is the LiDAR map and another map that is the Satellite imagery map, you can switch between them. Having a sort of Layers table for our raster images may be possible where they could overlay each other. I can file a feature request for this as well if you would like.

Regards,

joseph.nguyen
    Participant

Hi Xavier,

You are correct about what I am asking for. I also believe the current easiest approach is to import one LiDAR and one sat image and switch between.

If you are able to file a feature request that would be great.

Another use why I would like to toggle layers is if I had different LiDAR images ex) year 2018, 2013, 2000, 1950… The feature to toggle layers on and off (without switching to a different file) and see feature changes in the LiDAR instantly would personally be powerful tool for me when I’m in the field working.

Best,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here