My Account     Contact Us     Cart

avenza reducing size and quality of geopdfs

Home Forums Avenza Maps avenza reducing size and quality of geopdfs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mmt.bora
    Participant

I export a map in qgis for international school project. when i export my geopdf with 2000dpi it is about 50 Mb (İt has nice quality when i zoom in). But when i import it to avenzamaps, its become about 8 mb and lost quality. Same thing goes with geotiff too the file is about 270mb but when i import from local device or upload to store it loses the size and quality very much.

I will be grateful if someone give me a solution or hint. Thank you.

edgar

Hi There! Thank you for your post!

To get a better idea of what may be happening please reach out to us via this form and if please attach your map so we can investigate. Normally imported maps or any maps processed in the app increase in size. The form is available through this link – https://support.avenzamaps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We would be happy to help and look forward of your email via the form above!

mmt.bora
    Participant

I think it is done now thanks to you. My mistake was setting dpi but not setting the page size.
    I was exporting my geo pdf from qgis project menu. Now i’m exporting it from layout and first setting the size of paper (i used 1200×740 for 800 dpi). And result is good enough. Thank you very much for the help.

edgar

Thank you for the update, and your kind words, it is appreciated!

If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate in contacting Avenza Support, we would be happy to help!

edgar

Hi There,

Thank you for your post! To better help and understand, more details would be appreciated. Please reach out via https://support.avenzamaps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new !

We would be happy to help and look forward of your email via the form above!

Edgar
    Avenza Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Avenza Maps’ is closed to new topics and replies.