My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Collecting features in GPS mode to a specific layer

Home Forums Avenza Maps Collecting features in GPS mode to a specific layer

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  environmental 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

environmental
    Participant

Hello,

I am using avenza maps app on an android tablet. I have uploaded a base map and a few data layers that i’d like to collect data into. I’m struggling to change the active layer, or even set an active layer to collect features to. Whenever i go to collect new features it seems to create a new layer instead of allowing me to update a layer that i already have.
    Is this possible with avenza maps or am i trying to do something that is not a part of the app? Is it possible to switch between layers that you are collecting features into?
    Example: i have two layers. One i’d like to collect waypoints of certain trees, and one i’d like to collect waypoints of certain rocks. Each have different attributes details to collect (trees will have species, height and DBH, rocks will have colour, size and hardness). When i find a tree that i’d like to mark i want to be in the trees layer so i can use those particular attribute collumns. When i want to mark a rock i’d like to be in the rock layer so i can use those specific attribute collumns to mark details.
    Is this possible?
    Thanks for any input.

Kate

Hi,

Thank you for your post. This is absolutely possible within Avenza Maps! To change the active layer you will need to:

1. Tap the Map Features list (pin with the 3 lines)
    2. Long press on the layer that you wish to make the active layer to enable edit mode
    3. Tap the pencil icon at the top of the screen to enter the edit dialog
    4. Toggle “Set to Current Layer” on to make this the active layer

When you need to switch the active layer, repeat this process for that respective layer.

If you are still having any problems, please let us know by reaching out via support.avenzamaps.com

Kate
    Avenza Support

environmental
    Participant

Thanks Kate! Game Changer!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here