My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Copy MAP Objects From problem

Home Forums MAPublisher Copy MAP Objects From problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tomáš
    Participant

Hello, recently (after upgrading to 10.9) I run to a problem with Copy MAP objects from. In short it adds thousands of points to the paths. In source map I have nice bezier curves and when I copy them to other map (with the same CRS), MAPublisher adds thousands of points to the paths. (source map 73 points, copied 3500+ points). Is there setting somewhere for that or is it a bug? Illustrator is the latest version.

Erik

Hi Tomáš,

I’m sorry you an encountering issues with the Copy MAP Objects From tool. Would you be able to send the .ai file of your map to us at support@avenza.com? We can take a look at what’s going on and see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Tomáš
    Participant

Hi Erik, it’s not about the .ai file. I just tried it with a blank file. To reproduce just:
    1) make any Map View and draw a simple path with curvature tool
    2) make a new file with Map View of different scale than the first one
    3) copy the layer to a new file using Copy MAP Objects From and select add it to existing map view. It adds hundreds/thousands points when the transformation is done.

If I select “Make an unaltered copy of Map View” the path stays as the original one, but once I move the layer to the new map view, it gets transformed and adds hundreds of points.
    In the same file though, when I change the scale of the unaltered copy of map view first and then move the path to the other map view via Layers palette (not via MAP Views) it doesn’t add the points.
    So it must be something with MAP View transformations.

Cheers.

Erik

Hi Tomáš,

I have followed up with you about this via email.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘MAPublisher’ is closed to new topics and replies.