November 10, 2020 at 5:49 pm #30389joe.p.cookParticipant
I often use georeferenced PDFs exported from ESRI ArcMap and ArcPro in Avenza and it usually works great. Recently I have encountered an error that is inconsistent between the iOS and android versions of Avenza. A map exported from ArcPro imports and opens successfully in the iOS version 3.12 (131.16) but not in the Android version (originally 3.11.1 Build 56 ARCH64. I just updated to 3.12 Build 14 ARCH 64) but it still does not work. Trying to import the PDF into the Android version results in the “could not read PDF referencing” error. Is there any reason why the same PDF would work on one version of Avenza and not the other? I have not experienced the error on iOS but I have heard some people have had similar errors in earlier versions of the iOS app.November 11, 2020 at 10:01 am #30408xavierModerator
Thank you for your post. The issue you are describing has been reported in the past. We are currently working on this issue to see what is happening. Could you please email us at email@example.com and send us the PDF that you are using? That way we can test with it?
Next, the current workaround is to use another format. For example, you could export the map as a TIFF instead of a PDF out of ArcMap, or if you open the PDF in another GIS software and then export it out of there as a PDF it will work with the Avenza Maps app. This is only an issue with ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap produced PDFs, there is some sort issue with their georeferencing that doesn’t agree with the Android version of our app.
If you have any questions please send us an email and we can assist.December 31, 2020 at 9:04 am #31042tkurkcanoeParticipant
I get this same/similar issue.
GeoPDF and GeoTIFF import gives error of “map isn’t referenced” when exporting from QGIS on a Mac and trying to display on Android. I’ve tried ISO and OGC formats.
When setting the coordinate system to GCS WGS84, the error does not occur and the map displays in Avenza appropriately, but it says I am not on the map, but I am.
Email sent to support email as well.
TomDecember 31, 2020 at 9:10 am #31043tkurkcanoeParticipant
Update to my last email. I altered the QGIS project to use NAD83 Alaska Albers projection, and now it successfully displays within Avenza Maps on Android. I previously was using GCS WGS84 or WGS84 pseudomercator, both failing to display properly.December 31, 2020 at 11:29 am #31052xavierModerator
Thank you for your post. I’m glad you sent an email to support, they will be able to provide some assistance.
There was a known issue on a previous version of Avenza Maps, there is a bug for WGS84 Pseudo-Mercator coordinate systems, there may have been other coordinate systems that also didn’t work. We fixed this in the newest version of Avenza Maps, 3.13.1. If you are updated to the newest version you should be able to import those other maps.
Additionally, our Support Team will be able assist you if you are continuing to have issues.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here