My Account     Contact Us     Cart

"could not read PDF referencing" error for imported map in Android but not iOS

Home Forums Avenza Maps "could not read PDF referencing" error for imported map in Android but not iOS

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xavier 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

joe.p.cook
    Participant

I often use georeferenced PDFs exported from ESRI ArcMap and ArcPro in Avenza and it usually works great. Recently I have encountered an error that is inconsistent between the iOS and android versions of Avenza. A map exported from ArcPro imports and opens successfully in the iOS version 3.12 (131.16) but not in the Android version (originally 3.11.1 Build 56 ARCH64. I just updated to 3.12 Build 14 ARCH 64) but it still does not work. Trying to import the PDF into the Android version results in the “could not read PDF referencing” error. Is there any reason why the same PDF would work on one version of Avenza and not the other? I have not experienced the error on iOS but I have heard some people have had similar errors in earlier versions of the iOS app.

xavier

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your post. The issue you are describing has been reported in the past. We are currently working on this issue to see what is happening. Could you please email us at support@avenza.com and send us the PDF that you are using? That way we can test with it?

Next, the current workaround is to use another format. For example, you could export the map as a TIFF instead of a PDF out of ArcMap, or if you open the PDF in another GIS software and then export it out of there as a PDF it will work with the Avenza Maps app. This is only an issue with ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap produced PDFs, there is some sort issue with their georeferencing that doesn’t agree with the Android version of our app.

If you have any questions please send us an email and we can assist.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here