My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Dynamic Labels

Home Forums Avenza Maps Feature Requests Dynamic Labels

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gaya 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

inkliizii1
    Participant

I’m importing geospatial .pdfs from ArcMap, but a lot of the points are very close to one another. The problem with this is that either the labels are way too big, and overlap a lot, or they’re way too small and hard to see unless you zoom all the way in. Basically, I’m wondering if there’s a method (or if a method could be added) to allow the point labels to scale with the map, the way they do normally in ArcMap? So the label stays the same size relative to the screen, even if you zoom in more. (the same way the placemarks do)

Alternatively, although this has been mentioned in another feature request, I can upload the layers as .kml files, so that the points themselves are in Avenza, but then the labels aren’t displayed. If the labels for all of my placemarks could be displayed at all times, that would be another solution to this problem.

gaya
    Participant

Hello inkliizii1,

Thank you for your post. If your labels are embedded in a geospatial PDF, they will show up based on how your map was made. If you would like us to take a closer look at your map and provide you with suggestions, you can share it with us via help.avenzamaps.com.

However, as you mentioned, bringing in a KML file of your data and having all placemark labels display at once would be ideal. This is a feature our developers are looking into, and if it gets implemented you will be informed.

If you have any other questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to let us know, or contact our
    Support team directly through help.avenzamaps.com

Best,
    Gaya Ganesan
    Avenza Systems Inc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here