My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Edits missing on pdf map in Avenza

Home Forums General Edits missing on pdf map in Avenza

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kate 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dougcampbell
    Participant

Hello, Has anyone had this issue or know what a workaround is.

I edit a pdf map. Basically I cut and paste an image of comments I made into the pdf document. Save the file. When I bring the document into Avenza the image of the comments I made do not show up. When you open the pdf map up in Arcobat the comments are there.

This is a new issue. I have been doing this procedure for a couple of years without this problem.
    Thanks

Kate
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your post. When creating comments/notes in Adobe, you must make sure that you are flattening the map when saving/exporting. Avenza Maps does not support multiple layers on import, so it is likely that the comment layer is getting left out when processing. You should see the options to flatten/optimize PDFs in Adobe under either the File > Print or File > Save as > Optimized PDF settings, depending on what version of Adobe Acrobat you are using.

If you are still having issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team via help.avenzamaps.com and we would be happy to help further!

Kate
    Avenza Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here