My Account     Contact Us     Cart

External GPS – Juniper Geode

Home Forums General External GPS – Juniper Geode

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    carey.prendergast
    Participant

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone else is using the external GPS “Geode” from Juniper Systems ? (https://junipersys.com/products/geode)

It’s been great and I have been using it for Esri Collector & Survey 123 and I am able to use it with Avenza as my external GPS on my Android device. What I’m wondering is can anyone confirm that on iOS Avenza would be using the Geodes GPS as it’s location source?

Not being able to adjust any setting with iOS I’m curious if anyone else is using the Geode with Avenza for iOS?

Thanks alot,
    Carey Prendergast

christinel

Hi Carey,

Thank you for making a post.

Currently, there are several devices that are confirmed to work with Avenza Maps such as Trimble and Bad Elf. The article, Connecting to an External Device, have instructions for several devices in order to connect successfully.

Here are several External GPS Units that have some documentation.

While Avenza Maps does not have full coverage of all external GPS devices, there have been some devices that have worked that we have not listed.

I would give Juniper System’s video Connecting the new Geode to an iPhone | Field Ready a shot to test the compatibility (if you already own the device).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here