My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Find by Coordinates not working…

Home Forums General Find by Coordinates not working…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dakotabarker
    Participant

My “find by coordinates” feature has stopped working. It just zooms to random places on map even though coordinates track correctly when I manually navigate to them on the map.

This feature used to work fine but it’s not working now. I don’t know what’s going on. I tried re-installing the program to no avail.

Also, I recently switched from an LG G3 phone to a Samsung S8. Could that have messed something up? Are there compatibility issues with Samsung phones?

Kate
    Keymaster

Hi Dakota,

Thank you for your post. Can you please let me know if this problem is happening with any map you use or just specific maps? Also, is the map from the Map Store, or a custom import? If it is from the store, can you please let me know the title of the map?

Thank you,
    Kate Brillinger
    Avenza Systems Inc.

dakotabarker
    Participant

Hello Kate,

I noticed the issue when using a custom import made by the USDA Forest Service. I also tried it with a map from your map store… same issue occurs.

Map used from store was: LAKE CITY,FL-GA HISTORICAL

Kate
    Keymaster

Thank you, Dakota. Can you please confirm that the coordinate display format you see on the map, is the same format that you are searching with? If possible, can you provide a sample coordinate that you are trying to locate using the Lake City map? I just did a couple of test searches with a Samsung S8 and it located correctly each time.

dakotabarker
    Participant

Ok Kate,

Just figured out what was happening… When I hit “ok” to find coordinates with my phone keyboard still open, it won’t find the coordinates… but if I minimize my keyboard before hitting OK button, it works fine.

Kinda weird. I can supply screenshots and more info if you want to look into this more. But as far as me being able to use the function, I can work around the keyboard glitch.

Kate
    Keymaster

That is very interesting. If possible, if you can send some screenshots and info so that we can look into it I would greatly appreciate it. If it’s something that we can reproduce then we can pass it to our developers to fix in a future release.

dakotabarker
    Participant

Yeah no problem,

How do I add screenshots to this forum?

Kate
    Keymaster

If you can please email them to support@avenza.com

Thank you

dakotabarker
    Participant

Sent it to the support team. Thanks for your help! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.