My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Freehand to Ai + MAPublisher conversion

Home Forums MAPublisher Freehand to Ai + MAPublisher conversion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bert_hatchell 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bert_hatchell
    Participant

Good Morning. We have a lot of existing Freehand maps that need updating in our current Ai (2017) & MAPublisher (9.9) environment. Is there documentation or a workflow I should follow? Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Bert Hatchell
    GIS Analyst/Cartographer

Kate
    Keymaster

Hi Bert,

Thank you for your post. Please see the link below for a forum discussion on how to convert Freehand documents for use within Illustrator and MAPublisher.

http://www.cartotalk.com/index.php?showtopic=3807

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Kate Brillinger
    Avenza Systems Inc.

bert_hatchell
    Participant

Kate, thank you for the reply and link. We are actually just pulling the existing Freehand files into Ai, hopefully with the road text and annotation fairly intact. We don’t really want to convert Freehand to a shapefile or other format, we are instead pulling in new GIS datasets to update our maps. I wasn’t sure if there was a component to MAPublisher that helped with this process. Apologies, I understand ESRI, but I have no experience with Freehand and just a little with Ai. Does this makes sense? Thanks again.

Bert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here