My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Announcement - January 6, 2022

To better support our customers and users, we’re shifting to a new community platform!

Visit the new Avenza Maps community board here

Visit the new Avenza Systems community board here

On these new community boards, you’ll be able to ask questions directly to Support, find tips and tricks, submit feature requests, and ask the community questions.

How does Avenza Maps Pro handle datum transformations?

Home Forums Avenza Maps How does Avenza Maps Pro handle datum transformations?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    frances.biles
    Participant

If I import a shapefile into Avenza Maps Pro that is in a projected coordinate system, does Avenza transform the shapefile to lat/long WGS84 for use in the app?
    If so, how are datum transformations applied?

For example:
    1) If I import a shapefile that is in US State Plane, Alaska Zone 5001, meters, NAD83 (1986), does Avenza convert it to lat/long WGS84? How does it handle a transformation between NAD83(1986) and the current realization of WGS84?
    2) If the shapefile has a datum of NAD83(CORS96) or NAD83(2011), is the datum tag recognized and the appropriate NAD83-to-WGS84 transformation applied?

oliver
    Participant

Hello Frances,

Thank you for your question.

In order to give you an accurate answer as to how these transformations are handled, I will need to escalate this to our developers.

In order to escalate this issue, I will need you to contact us via our help centre over at help.avenzamaps.com.

Kind Regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Avenza Maps’ is closed to new topics and replies.