My Account     Contact Us     Cart

how to make a layer collection?

Home Forums Avenza Maps how to make a layer collection?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by anteg.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bzimonick
    Participant

I have a project that spans several years. Each year I have a set of about 8-12 different tracks. I would like to group or make a collection of the tracks for each year so I can turn all the tracks on or off for each year together. Is there a way to group tracks and toggle to view the whole group together?

anteg

Hi there,

There is an option to create New Layers and a “Toggle Visibility” option to hide certain layers. Ideally, you would want to have a separate Layer for each year that you are collecting data.

As I do not know exactly how all of your features/layers are organized right now, I can provide a general workflow to achieve your desired results.
    1. Create multiple New Layers and assign them with new names (I.e. 2017,2018,2019,etc.)
    – To do this, Open the Avenza Maps App > Open the map with your tracks (assuming they’re all on the same map) > Tap the Map Layers icon (placemark with three horizontal lines on the bottom-right). Then, create New Layers by: Android – Tap the ‘+’ icon… iOS/Apple – Tap “Edit” > Blue layers icon with a ‘+’.

2. Move Features over to their respective New Layer
    Android: Tap a Layer with your existing features to open it. Tap and hold to select a feature, tap other features to select multiple features. Once all features are selected, tap the folder icon with a right-ward pointing arrow. Select the Layer you would like to move the features to.

iOS/Apple: Tap a Layer with features to open it. Tap “Edit” to toggle Edit mode. Select the features you would like to move. Tap the blue stack icon with an arrow (middle button). Select the Layer you would like to move features to.

3. Toggle visibility/hide layers
    Android: In the Map Layers window, tap and hold a Layer to select it. Then, tap all other layers you would like to hide. Then, tap the three dots icon on the top-right of the screen and tap “Toggle Visibility”. This will hide the selected layers that are shown and un-hide selected layers that are hidden.

iOS: In the Map Layers window, tap the Placemark on a Map icon to the left of the Layer Name. This toggles the visibility on/off.

When hiding layers, pay attention to your active layer (the layer that newly created features are added to). If your active/current layer is hidden, you won’t see the new features you are creating. To make a layer “Active”, “Edit” the layer you would like to make active, and toggle on the “Active Layer(Apple)/Current Layer(Android)” options.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here