My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Identify version of MP that created the map

Home Forums General Identify version of MP that created the map

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fmuller
    Participant

I have MP 9.5 on my laptop, and MP 10.4 on my desktop. If I try to load a map on my laptop which was made on my desktop, it loads the whole thing before telling me that the map is not functional. Some of my maps are large and this can take some time. Is there something I could check quickly before loading it, which would tell me what version of MP created it?

xavier

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

There are two different ways to check depending on the file type you have. It also depends if you use a macOS machine or PC machine.

Windows:
    1. If you have a .ai document of your maps then you can right click on the document in a file explorer window > click on properties > click on the Details tab > and under Type it will show which version of Illustrator created the document.
    2. If you have a PDF, TIFF, or some other raster format, you can check to see which version it was created in by using OSGeo4W. This is an open-source software that you can download with QGIS, or standalone. You can look up the GDAL info to see what produced the map.

Mac:
    1. If you have the raster format of your map, you can locate your map in Finder, in the information section, underneath the preview, you can show more information and it will show which version of Illustrator created the document.

Let me know if you are using a mac and I will look into it further to see how a Mac can identify which version of Illustrator created the document.

xavier

Hello,

I also just wanted to add that the last version the document was saved with will be available in the document summary, in an upcoming version of MAPublisher. I have added you to the feature request so you will be notified when it is implemented.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here