My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Illustrator crashing with Join Table (Excel)

Home Forums MAPublisher General Illustrator crashing with Join Table (Excel)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tomáš
    Participant

Hello, AI keeps crashing when I use the Join Table function in MAP Attributes panel. It did happen once a time in all previous versions of MP and AI, but now (MP 10.7 + AI v 25.1) it happens very often. Note I always use .XLS file to join (actually the same file since ever).

Step-by-step:

1) I click Join Table icon
    2) Join Table window shows
    3) I click the Browse button = AI freezes and crashes randomly
    4) I select the file to join and click Open
    5) I click Load (to load in the xls columns) = AI freezes and crashes randomly

It never crashes after the final OK click. It must be related to reading the file (or its structure). Also it doesn’t matter if the source file is open or not.

Secondary question: will MP ever switch to .XLSX ?

Kate
    Keymaster

Thank you for your post and I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems using the Join Tables tool in MP.

If you can please reach out to our Support Team directly via support.avenza.com/hc and attach the file you are trying to join (XLS and the AI file) it will help us look into this better. As well if you can let us know if you are experiencing this issue with any XLS file you try to join, or just this specific one?

In regards to XLSX support, we do have this filed, and I will follow-up with our team on this today.

Kate
    Avenza Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here