My Account     Contact Us     Cart

IMPORT HEMA MAPS

Home Forums General IMPORT HEMA MAPS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    s.coff
    Participant

Guys,
    Have both HEMA 4WD & Avenza Maps on my Samsung mobile.
    Both apps have pros & cons though find the ability to load in external maps to Avenza very handy as I have a heap of Topo maps. I would also like to load in my purchased HEMA 4wd maps though doesn’t appear to acknowledge the HEMA .qct files.

Should Avenza be able to read the HEMA maps and a way to load them?

Thanks

Stephen

xavier

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your post.

The Avenza Maps app supports the following type of formats for maps:
    Geospatial PDF (.pdf) – A PDF embedded with geographic information
    TerraGo GeoPDF (.pdf) – A PDF embedded with geographic information. GeoPDF is a proprietary format of TerraGo
    GeoTIFF (.tiff, .tif) – A GeoTIFF is a TIFF file embedded with geographic information
    JPG (.jpg) – A JPG is an image file that must be packaged with either a TFW & PRJ or JGW & WKT in a ZIP file

Unfortunately, we aren’t compatible with .qct files. However, if you were able to convert the qct to a PDF or a TIFF you would be able to load the maps into the Avenza Maps app.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to let me know.

xavier

Hello Stephen,

I also wanted to let you know that we do have HEMA Maps in the Avenza Map Store as well, this is the easiest way for you to get HEMA Maps on the Avenza Maps app so you can use all of our tools.

Here is a link to their maps: https://www.avenzamaps.com/vendor/65/hema-maps

I hope that helps.

s.coff
    Participant

Xavier,
    Thank you for the quick response.

I appreciate you also sell HEMA maps, unfortunately I have HEMA 4wd with a heap of HEMA maps and simply wanted to also use them with my Avenza app.

On a different note.
    When i open Avenza on my Samsung Note (Android) it appears I need to select a map im on, is there a way it auto opens on my current location?

xavier

Hello,

The reason why you need to select the map is because you could potentially have multiple maps of the same area and you could be on visible on all of them, however, the app doesn’t know which one you want to select to view on, so it lets you choose. Unfortunately, it won’t automatically open a map to your location either.

Other users will also open Avenza Maps and go to the My Maps list to organize their maps or map features or they want to open a map they aren’t on to add map features or use our GPS tools. Those are some of the reasons why it doesn’t open up to a map your location is on.

I hope that answers your question, if you have any other questions feel free to post a reply.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.