My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Import shapefile – retain symbol styles

Home Forums MAPublisher General Import shapefile – retain symbol styles

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kate 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

geskes.cynthia
    Participant

i have exported a layer as a shapefile from one .ai file, it has symbols linked to the symbols palette. I have imported the shapefile into another .ai file which has the same symbols in its’ symbols pallete. The symbols are not linking with the ones in the symbols palette they remain default symbols. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Thank you

Kate
    Keymaster

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, Shapefile is a format that does not maintain symbology or styling on export/import which is why you are seeing the default symbols being assigned when you are re-importing. My recommendation, in order to save time, would be to develop Stylesheets (MAP Themes) that would allow you to set the styling for each layer. You can then use these Stylesheets between AI documents (using the Copy MAP Objects functionality, or by exporting the MAP Themes themselves), which will allow you to quickly re-assign the styling to the layer in the new document. For more information on MAP Themes and Stylesheets, please see our help article below. Alternatively, if you would like further help, please don’t hesitate to contact our Support Team directly at help.avenza.com

http://www.avenza.com/help/mapublisher/10.1/index.html?stylesheet-themes.htm

Thank you,

Kate B
    Avenza Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here