My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Importing study sites onto a USGS map

Home Forums Avenza Maps Importing study sites onto a USGS map

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kate 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jrowe
    Participant

Hi All,

I downloaded a USGS map of my work area. My partner gave me a map of where they want to put the study sites, but I am having difficulty figuring out how to import it. I brought it in as a layer, but it is a pdf and doesnt seem to show anything. I cant imagine that a pdf would contain any info to put onto a navigable map? WHat format does it need to be in? Thanks

Kate
    Keymaster

Thank you for your post. Maps imported into Avenza Maps must be in a geospatial PDF or GeoTIFF format. To import a map, please open the app and from the Maps List select the import option (‘+’) icon, select the map from the desired location, and import. As long as the map is referenced correctly, you should be able to see whatever details were included on the map and locate yourself on it. Please note that with PDF and GeoTIFF formats in the app, there is no way to tap on pre-existing points, as these are essentially flattened during the import process. If there are separate sites that contain information you need to see (e.g. name, location, details), then it is recommended that in addition to the map, you have a layer that contains those placemarks and features.

If you have any questions or problems regarding this map, please feel free to reach out to our Support team via help.avenzamaps.com and we would be happy to help further.

Kate B
    Avenza Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here