My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Issues exporting attached images with points as .shp files to ArcGIS Pro project

Home Forums Avenza Maps Issues exporting attached images with points as .shp files to ArcGIS Pro project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vieira.spencer
    Participant

Hi,

I am using avenza pro. I have been documenting samples in a study by taking a photo of the study site for each waypoint. All is being done in Avenza Pro. I am then exporting them as .shp files to add to an .aprx file using ArcGIS Pro. The waypoints come in fine, but they are without the images. The images will export when the waypoint export but as their own file, which I can then import because they are georeferenced, but they lack the GPS-averaged coordinates that the waypoints have, and the notes. I have many plots and would like to develop an efficient workflow for moving my complete survey(waypoint, notes, images) over to ArcGIS Pro without a time-consuming work around. Any ideas? Is there something I am missing? Images attached to waypoints export fine as .kml files to Google Earth, why not as .shp files to ArcGIS Pro?

thanks for the help

michaelb

Hi Spencer,
    Thank you for your post. Currently, we have a complete solution for working with your Avenza Maps shapefiles/images within ArcGIS 10.x. However, when it comes to ArcGIS Pro we are in the process of evaluating and putting something together for our Pro users. It is possible to work with your photos and shapefiles within ArcGIS Pro as is but it can be time consuming depending upon your data. If you would like more information about our 10.x solution and/or working with ArcGIS Pro please contact Avenza Support and ideally share one of your KMZ files with us. https://support.avenza.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards,
    Michael Brancati
    Avenza Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here