My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Location Provider Settings

Home Forums Avenza Maps Feature Requests Location Provider Settings

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kate 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LHansen
    Participant

Is there an option to change location provider settings to utilize an external Bluetooth GPS receiver instead of the integrated receiver? I run Avenza Maps on iPhone 6s with iOS 11.2.5, and would like to connect to a Garmin GLO receiver for increased accuracy and faster location fixes in the field. Collector for ArcGIS allows me to change this setting- I have not been able to figure out how to change the setting in Avenza.

Kate
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your post. There is currently no explicit setting that allows you to specify which GPS to use within Avenza Maps. If the external GPS is compatible with your device and is connected correctly, Avenza Maps will generally use this by default over the internal GPS of the device. We have tested with various Garmin and Bad Elf GPS receivers and find these to work the best with the app, so you should be able to use your Garmin GLO with no issues.

If you have any other questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to let us know, or contact our Support team directly through help.avenzamaps.com

Thank you,

Kate Brillinger
    Avenza Systems Inc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here