My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Next Placeholder Navigation along track

Home Forums General Next Placeholder Navigation along track

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dj_email1
    Participant

My question involves the navigation tool. I’ve imported a map, tracks, and placeholders to the app and would like to use the app to navigate along the track and see how long until the next placeholder I’ve placed at turns, junctions, or POIs. Is there a way to do that in the app? The navigate to a feature tool is straight line navigation to the placeholder and I need to follow the path or track. I’ve used the create a route tool in the app and it tells me the time to go to the next point but the next point it is every click I needed to make to create the route and not the significant turn/junctions placeholders that I am interested in. So I’m looking for some help to understand if the navigation tool is capable of what I would like to do and some instructions in order for me to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for your help.

xavier

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You are using the correct tool, the Create a Route and Navigation tool is what you need to use. There is only slight customization that may help in what you are trying to do. Please follow these steps:
    Avenza Maps > Settings > Navigation > change the Arrival Radius and the Navigate to each point in turn.
    Change Arrival Radius to 10m and turn on Navigate to each point in turn if not on already.

Unfortunately, that is all you can customize currently. While you are navigating and following the route it should give you the ETA for the track as well as the time to the next point.

If those settings are sufficient please let me know and I can put in a feature request for you.

Regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here