My Account     Contact Us     Cart

PDF Passwords not supported map import

Home Forums General PDF Passwords not supported map import

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    b17flyboy
    Participant

Hi,

I visited the following government site to download (what I thought) is an Avenza compatible
    PDF map. At least that’s how I interpret their description.

https://www.ffm.vic.gov.au/firewood/find-a-firewood-collection-area

<QUOTE>
    Firewood collection area maps can be optimized for viewing by downloading the pdf maps onto mobile devices and then using georeferenced maps on location via the free Avenza Maps Mobile App
    <QUOTE>

I tried to load the following into my Android phone via Avenza app.
    https://www.ffm.vic.gov.au/firewood-collection-locations/loddon-mallee-region/murray-goldfields/LEGL19-091.pdf

LEGL19-091.pdf

I get the error “PDF Passwords not supported”.

I am on Android Nexus 5 (Android v 6.0.1).

Can anyone try to load this and see if they get same error. trying to categorize the problem as
    a PDF issue/App issue/Me issue 🙂

Thanks ..

Kate
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, Avenza Maps does not officially support any password-protected PDFs which is why you are getting this error. iOS devices are a bit more lenient in opening password-protected PDFs, and it’s possible that the creator of those maps only tested them on an iOS device. In order to use these on your Android device, you will need to reach out to the provider of those maps, and ask them to either provide you with a non-password-protected version, or a GeoTIFF export (if they are concerned about the raw file being altered).

I apologize that I cannot be of more assistance, but please let me know if you have any other questions or problems!

Kate
    Avenza Support

b17flyboy
    Participant

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your reply. I have reached out to the PDF creator and they are now investigating this issue.

Regards / Frank

Kate
    Keymaster

Great glad to hear it Frank! If there is anything further I can help with please don’t hesitate to post here, or to reach out to our Support Team directly via support.avenzamaps.com!

Kate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.