My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Possible to save Avenza photos to SD card?

Home Forums Avenza Maps Possible to save Avenza photos to SD card?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xavier 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

joe.p.cook
    Participant

I use Avenza to take notes and photos associated with points on PDF maps I create. The problem I am running into is the photos take up quite a bit of space on the internal memory of my android tablet over time. I do not see a way to tell Avenza to store photos to the SD card. I can take photos with the tablet camera app and then manually link those photos to a point in Avenza but that’s definitely more work and I’m not sure Avenza doesn’t just copy that photo into the regular Avenza directory anyway. Am I missing a setting or is this not possible?

xavier

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, photos taken within the app will download to your default photo storage method. Therefore, if you have your photos saved to your SD card instead that would help your storage issue.

Additionally, if you didn’t know, you can also choose the storage location for your custom imported maps which you can change to the SD card as well. However, this isn’t retroactive. Only new map imports will be saved on the SD card.

Lastly, SD card storage isn’t always the most reliable method to store your data. There are many cases where users have data stored on there and the SD card fails. If you do decide to save your data on there, be sure to back it up regularly to make sure you don’t lose anything important.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to let me know.

joe.p.cook
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I wish there was at least an option to save pics to SD card as well. If the OS of the Samsung tablet allows it seems like it should at least be an option in the Avenza app. If I clean out the photos on the internal storage Avenza can no longer display them beyond the thumbnail in notes view. The real issue here is my limited internal storage but that could be mitigated by an option to store photos to SD. Maybe add an option in the next update?

xavier

Hello Joe,

If you have the default photo storage system for your SD card, then the images should be saved to there.

That being said, I can still file a feature request for that, so map feature data can be saved to the SD card as well. I will also add you to the ticket so you will be notified if and when it’s implemented.

If you have any questions or issues don’t hesitate to let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here