My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Schema Layer Attributes

Home Forums General Schema Layer Attributes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jamieson-lee.scott
    Participant

Hello!

I’m trying to make an attribute schema for tree inventories. For my species pull-down list I have a huge number of species I need to add for my region. Is there an easier way other than entering them manually from within the app? I have 100+ species that need to be added.

Thanks!

xavier

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you create a template within the app, you are able to use text editors like Notepad++ to manipulate the data, however, you’ll need to first generate a schema file so you can see how it works. It should also be noted that editing in the text editor isn’t easy and if something isn’t formatted correctly, the schema won’t work properly.

This is a small snippet of the schema file:
    <SimpleField name=”A1 Date” type=”string”/>
    <SimpleField name=”A2 Visit Number” type=”string”/>
    <SimpleField name=”A3 Treatment Type” type=”string”/>
    <SimpleField name=”A4 DIY Landcare Kit and Re-fill Subscription” type=”bool”/>

It is possible, but there could be issues. If you’d like I can file a feature request so a schema editor could possibly be added for a desktop/web version so it would make editing the schema easier.

Regards,

jamieson-lee.scott
    Participant

Yes, something that would even let me import a list from excel would be great.

xavier

You are able to open the schema inside of Excel, however, editing inside of there could be very difficult, the best option would to be have a schema editor that you could manipulate on a desktop since it is easier to edit and change the schema on there.

I have created the feature request for you so you will be notified if and when we implement that functionality in the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here