My Account     Contact Us     Cart

synchronising on two apple iphone devices

Home Forums Avenza Maps General synchronising on two apple iphone devices

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zalo ads 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

monikabinder2
    Participant

My partner and I have apple iphones on which we’ve loaded the avenza app. We use the same avenza account login details for downloading topo maps. However, we’ve noticed that despite using the same account the iphones do not seem to be synchronising. Surely if we use the same account all the maps that we’ve paid for and downloaded should be available to either iphone. What’s going on here?

Kate

Hi,

Thank you for your post. In order to access purchased maps on up to 5 devices, they need to be linked to a Map Store account (free to create). If you created a Map Store account and were logged in when you made the map purchases, then you can access these by logging into the same account on the other device (open Avenza Maps > tap Account (head/bust icon) > login). If you were not logged in, or do not have an account, you will need to create an account, and contact our Support team directly with the Local Purchase History from within Avenza Maps. To access the Local Purchase History, open Avenza Maps and go to Settings > General Settings > Debug Settings > Map Store Settings > Local Purchase History. Once we receive this and confirm you have an account, we can add the missing map(s) to your account.

If you have any questions or problems please don’t hesitate to contact our Support Team directly via help.avenzamaps.com

Kate
    Avenza Support

thsmith209
    Participant

Related to this and being technologically ham handed, are there any things I need to know or do in order to automatically synchronize GPS tracks I am recording onto a map on one of my devices (iPhone) with my other device (iPad)? The nuance is that the base map (my terminology) I am recording tracks onto is a map sent to me by an associate I am working with on a trail mapping project. In other words, I did not purchase the map. I don’t seem to be able to do this yet… Thanks!

Kate

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to synchronize map features automatically between devices, as any map features collected (tracks, points, etc.) are local to the app itself until such time as they are exported. In order to access your GPS tracks on your second device, you will need to export them from your first device and then import it into your second. This is a feature that we are looking into implementing in the future, but at this time it is still in the early research stages.

For more details on how to export and import features on an iOS device, please see the two help articles below:

https://support.avenzamaps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035074732-Exporting-map-features-from-a-map
    https://support.avenzamaps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035074752-Importing-map-features-to-a-map

In addition, please note that if you are using the app for work-related activities, you do require a Pro subscription for each device in use.

If you have any questions about this process please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via the form at support.avenzamaps.com

Kate
    Avenza Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here