My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Time and Date to KML and EXIF

Home Forums General Time and Date to KML and EXIF

Tagged: , , , , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sonomalandtrustgis
    Participant

I noticed that the time and date for an observation are in the placemark on the map in the app on the phone when I review them, however that is lost or stripped from the project when I export out to KML/Z.

When I open the Google Earth file, the photos and coordinates plus title/comments persist but there is no time or date stamp.

When I review the photos I see there is also no geotagging and/or time/date stamp to images taken with Avenza Maps app.

How do I get time and date of placemark to export out to the KML?
    How do I get the app to embed time and location to the EXIF of the JPEG?

Joe

bob
    Participant

Hello Joe,

Thank you for contacting Avenza Support! The date and time stamp are within the KML, however, that may not become visible in Google Earth. If you open the KML with a text editor, you should see a <TimeStamp> tag, and within the <when> tags beneath will be the time that the placemark was created. If you exported placemarks with photos, a KMZ will be exported. To access the KML, extract the KMZ in File Explorer, and then open then KML within the extracted Folder with a text editor.

Maintaining EXIF data on export to JPEG will be implemented in Avenza Maps 3.4, which will be available in the near future.

If you have more questions about this, feel free to contact support@avenza.com

Regards,

Bob
    Avenza Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.