My Account     Contact Us     Cart

unable to download purchased maps

Home Forums Avenza Maps unable to download purchased maps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rc
    Participant

I purchased a bundle of maps on the avenza app (iphone 6)

I am unable to get the maps to download

I receive the following error

“ERROR
    Extraction unsuccessful:failed to open file in zip file”

please help

xavier

Thank you for your post.

What I suspect is happening is an authentication or communication issue. This can be caused by a number of different factors and can be hard to narrow down. Please try the following:

– at the maps list (My Maps) delete all maps which have failed to download properly or seem “stuck”

– ensure you have a strong/stable internet connection and sufficient storage space on your device

– redownload the map onto the device

However, if that doesn’t work, please follow these steps:

– open up the Avenza Maps app

– at the maps list (My Maps) delete all maps which have failed to download properly or seem “stuck”

– tap on the bust icon (head&shoulders) at the top of the screen

– if logged in, logout of your Avenza Maps Store account

– force close the app and restart your device

– ensure you have a strong/stable internet connection and sufficient storage space on your device

– open up Avenza Maps

– tap on the bust icon and log into your Avenza Maps Store account using your email

– your maps should be available for download

The reason why you will need to restart is to refresh your login token. This is what authenticates your account and gives you the proper access to your account. On Apple devices, if there is a communication error, or the phone was restored from a backup without encryption or an iCloud backup, the login token will expire/time out. By restarting you are getting a new one and it will properly authenticate your account and give you access to your maps.

Additionally, when you are downloading please make sure that you don’t navigate away from the app, it won’t properly download if the app is in the background. Also, make sure that the screen doesn’t turn off or shut down the device. It won’t properly download either if the screen turns off while the app is trying to process the data.

Let me know if that fixes your issue or if you are still experiencing problems.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here