My Account     Contact Us     Cart

USGS Geospatial PDFs

Home Forums MAPublisher USGS Geospatial PDFs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  oliver 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

james
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to create a large map out of multiple USGS Geospatial PDFs. Is there a way to import multiple Geospatial PDF files at once so they are properly aligned with each other after import? If not, is there a way to do this with some other file format? I’ve been manually aligning the various quads and correcting the topo line mismatches by hand. But it is so tedious. Is there a better way?

oliver

Hello James,

Are you importing all of the PDF’s into MAPublisher at the same time using the Multiple Data Import tool? Are the files referenced using the same coordinate system?

Personally, I would export them individually from MAPublisher as GeoTiffs and mosaic them together in Geographic Imager if you have access to the software. If the files do not line up with each other properly, it would also be easier to correct the georeferencing in this software.

I would suggest contacting us through help.avenza.com so that we can take a look at your workflow in more detail.

Kind Regards,
    Oliver
    Avenza Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here