My Account     Contact Us     Cart

Zoom on iPhone

Home Forums General Zoom on iPhone

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sonof40 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

garrettjstephens
    Participant

It would be very handy when viewing my pdf map in avenza on my iPhone 6 if the zoom in/out function worked like google maps where you double click and slide up to zoom out and slide down to zoom in. Does avenza have a method like this, or is the only option for zooming out using two fingers to pinch? I know you can double click one finger to zoom in but I’m interested in one finger zoom out. Thanks

Kate
    Keymaster

Hi Garrett,

Thank you for your post. Avenza Maps does not have a slide method for zooming in and out similar to Google. The functions that Avenza does have for zooming in are to pinch, or double tap. For zooming out, the options are to pinch the opposite way, or to two-finger single tap which will automatically revert back to the furthest zoom level. This latter option may be the quick solution that you are looking for. If you have any further questions or problems with the zoom function, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Kate Brillinger
    Avenza Support

bmoore.commerce
    Participant

The challenge with the pinch-only method is that if you are in follow mode, it is very difficult to prevent going into compass mode. This requires re-orienting the compass and manual going back to follow mode. I have to do this constantly while driving to change the detail level for navigation, which has proven to be very distracting.

Perhaps there can be an additional setting for the gps button that locks orientation and allows you to pinch and zoom without leaving follow mode? Even better would be a small Bluetooth knob that would enable zooming in and out without having to fiddle with the screen while driving. This could be done by enabling the app to work with Bluetooth remotes like the Satechi Media Button (https://satechi.net/products/satechi-bluetooth-button-series?gclid=CjwKCAjwhLHaBRAGEiwAHCgG3iUOLTwF18HbxnDgV2gtZwKv6sYk9QaVOMrxXwFkWAJ6-u_iYUwFTxoCKyUQAvD_BwE)

For me, this is the only major (and dangerous) flaw in an otherwise phenomenal product. Thanks.

sonof40
    Participant

Or add a plus and minus button to the screen for zooming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here