I’ve found the best way to handle a lot of picklist items while setting up a template schema is to use an advanced text editor like Notepad++ as mentioned above but to incorporate Excel to facilitate a whole list of lines that can then be copied and pasted at once.
1. Open excel and create your desired picklist of items in col A.
2. Add the following formula to the cells in col B:
3. Fill the cells in col B as needed to generate the list of kml formatted lines
4. Copy col B and use paste special to paste the values into col C (this will make sure you’re copying the proper text and not the excel formula)
5. Open the target schema’s .kml file in notepad++ and find the picklist for your desired attribute (the best way to ensure the proper kml structure is to create a rough template schema of your desired features with at least one picklist item for each feature so that you’re not trying to do it from scratch in notepad++)
6. Copy the values from col C of the excel spreadsheet and paste the full list of desired picklist items at once!