Whether you’re new to MAPublisher®, an experienced user, or simply thinking about a purchase, Avenza software training is a worthwhile experience. Get hands-on training from Avenza product specialists at one of our training courses around North America. We also offer custom training packages, contact us for more details.
Stay tuned for more training sessions.
MAPublisher is an excellent tool for making good quality maps using Illustrator
TOTAL Austral S.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina
I found the training session very useful
University of Florida
The bottom line: we learned more than we expected
Washington State Dept. of Natural Resources
I have hit the ground running
Texas A&M University
Thanks for making it worthwhile
Thanks for a great class!!
The Virginia Employment Commission
Walked away from the class with many new tricks and techniques
Who should attend?
- GIS professionals who want to produce better quality maps
- Map makers and cartographers incorporating GIS data to improve accuracy in their maps
- New MAPublisher users who just purchased a license
- Users who want to experience the latest features of MAPublisher
Cost of the two-day training course is $1,000 USD per person. Discounts are available to groups of three or more from the same organization and for returning students desiring a refresher or update. Major credit cards are accepted.
- Hands-on training takes place at a training center classroom where Windows computers and all required software and training data are provided.
- Attendees will learn the fundamentals of MAPublisher and learn how to use all major features. Attendees will also receive basic instruction on the use of Adobe Illustrator as it relates to MAPublisher and cartographic production. A basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is recommended, but not required.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring his or her own datasets. There will be some time during the end of the course to discuss these with an instructor.
- Attendees that are Mac users may opt to bring his or her own Mac and software. Make sure to inform Avenza a week before training to setup the system properly for training.
- Classes may be cancelled up to fifteen business days prior to the confirmed training date (depending on the number of reservations received).
MAPublisher training agenda
- Introductions and Company Overview
- MAPublisher Overview (product concept)
- Key Functionality (powerpoint presentation)
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
- MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator Training overview
- Getting Started
- Transform MAP Data
- Style MAP Data
- Edit and Add MAP Data
- Export GIS Data
- Working with MAP Attributes
- MAP Themes
- MAP Selections
- Line and Drawing Tools
- Labeling Functions
- MAPublisher LabelPro
- Working with Images
- Scale Bar, North Arrow, Legends
- Grids, Graticules and Indexes
- Export to Web – HTML5
- Export to Geospatial PDF
- Digitize from Images
- Review concepts, answer questions, discuss ideas
- Class conclusion