Whether you’re new to MAPublisher®, an experienced user, or simply thinking about a purchase, Avenza software training is a worthwhile experience. Get hands-on training from Avenza product specialists at one of our training courses around North America. We also offer custom training packages, contact us for more details.
|Location||Date and Time||Software|
|Virtual (online)||September 14 to 16, 2021 (3 x half days)|
12:00 pm to 4:00 pm EDT
|In-person training offered by Red Geographics (Zevenbergen, Netherlands)||MAPublisher Basic|
September 28 and 29, 2021 (2 days)
|In-person training offered by Red Geographics (Zevenbergen, Netherlands)||MAPublisher Advanced|
October 5, 2021 (1 day)
Who should attend?
- GIS professionals who want to produce better quality maps
- Map makers and cartographers incorporating GIS data to improve accuracy in their maps
- New MAPublisher users who just purchased a license
- Users who want to experience the latest features of MAPublisher
MAPublisher training is $800 USD per person. Discounts are available to groups of three or more from the same organization and for returning students desiring a refresher or update. Major credit cards are accepted.
Note that training offered by our partners may differ in cost, schedule, and agenda.
- Virtual training sessions taught by MAPublisher product specialists and instructors.
- It is required to have MAPublisher 10.8 software installed and licensed on your computer before training class begins.
- Attendees will learn the fundamentals of MAPublisher and learn how to use all major features. Attendees will also receive basic instruction on the use of Adobe Illustrator as it relates to MAPublisher and cartographic production. A basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is recommended, but not required.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring up workflows or problems that may encounter during their own projects. There will be some time throughout the course to discuss these with the instructor.
- Classes may be cancelled up to fifteen business days prior to the confirmed training date (depending on the number of reservations received).
MAPublisher training agenda
- Introductions and Company Overview
- MAPublisher Overview (product concept)
- Key Functionality (powerpoint presentation)
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
- MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator Training overview
- Getting Started
- Transform MAP Data
- Style MAP Data
- Edit and Add MAP Data
- Export GIS Data
- Working with MAP Attributes
- MAP Themes
- MAP Selections
- Line and Drawing Tools
- Labeling Functions
- MAPublisher LabelPro
- Working with Images
- Scale Bar, North Arrow, Legends
- Grids, Graticules and Indexes
- Export to Web – HTML5
- Export to Geospatial PDF
- Digitize from Images
- Review concepts, answer questions, discuss ideas
- Class conclusion