Toronto, ON, January 30, 2006 – Avenza Systems Inc., the developer of MAPublisher map production software and Geographic Imager spatial imaging software, announces the release of MAPdataUSA 3.0, the latest edition of its library of the complete US TIGER/Line data set converted to Shape file format. Enhancements include joined road and water layers, proper name directory of states and counties, convenient 5-DVD package and concatenated road names to a single column for easier labeling and selecting.
“Customers tell us this DVD library will save them time lost downloading and manipulating TIGER data to suit their particular requirements,” said Ted Florence, president of Avenza Systems Inc. “This royalty-free data forms the perfect base for countless mapping and GIS projects involving US jurisdictions and it’s no surprise that we have had a waiting list of customers anxious to take delivery of this updated data set,” he added.
Summary of MAPdataUSA 3.0 benefits:
- 5 DVD library provides easy access to complete US Census TIGER data
- Completely royalty-free for all uses
- already in Shape file format for direct use with MAPublisher and most GIS packages
- organized by state and county using proper names for easy and convenient access
- polylined or joined linear files of roads and water lines
- up to 45 data layers for each county (see www.avenza.com for full listing)
- road name columns have been concatenated for easier labeling
- includes ZIP codes tabulation areas
- compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems
- includes additional data tables for roads and landmarks
For complete product details visit https://avenza.com/products.mapdatausa30.html
Availability and pricing:
MAPdataUSA is now shipping direct from Avenza Systems Inc. and through Avenza’s worldwide reseller network at the following prices:
- Full MAPdataUSA 3.0 library of 5 DVDs – US$499
- Reduced price for MAPublisher Maintenance Program members – US$449
- Reduced price for MAPdataUSA 2K licensees – US$349
- Price for MAPublisher full version and MAPdataUSA 3.0 bundle – US$1299
- Individual states are also available – US$179 each
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, the Company offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com or call 416-487-5116 for more details.
For further information please contact:
Avenza Systems Inc.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.avenza.com