– New MAPublisher® add-on offers rule-based collision-free label placement in Adobe® Illustrator® –
Toronto, ON, June 15, 2009 – Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Geographic Imager® spatial tools for Adobe Photoshop® is pleased to announce the release of MAPublisher 8.1 for Adobe Illustrator. MAPublisher 8.1 is the latest version of this powerful mapmaking software used to produce high quality maps from GIS data for both print and electronic distribution.
MAPublisher 8.1 for Adobe Illustrator is a full product upgrade that is free of charge to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher, version 8.0, for all new customers using Adobe Illustrator CS3 and/or CS4.
“MAPublisher 8.1 surpasses all earlier releases in functionality and power and represents another great leap forward for MAPublisher,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza, “With support for the new MAPublisher LabelPro labeling add-on and new and improved Flash export capability this is an update that users will definitely want to have.” he added.
MAPublisher 8.1 includes all the significant functionality introduced in earlier releases of MAPublisher as well as the following new features and enhancements.
New Features of MAPublisher 8.1 for Adobe Illustrator
- Support for the new MAPublisher LabelPro collision-free rule-based labeling system (additional license required)
- Improved MAP Web Author Tool for automatic creation of interactive Flash maps
- New MAPublisher Preferences options for customization of various features and functions
- Split Layer function to move data to new layers based on attributes and expressions
- Enhanced Expression Builder allows import of expressions from Selection Filters
- Enhanced Plot Centroids function now has the option to copy attributes from the source area
- New Export Attribute function for exporting the attributes table to a delimited text file
- Enhanced Register Image function can now create a new MAP View from any referenced image
- New Specify Anchors functionality allows world values to be entered in any co-ordinate system
- Improved MAP View and MAP Stylesheets panels with new functionality
- Various other user interface improvements and performance enhancements to improve usability
More about MAPublisher 8.1 for Illustrator
MAPublisher 8.1 for Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of this graphics design software for working with GIS data and producing high-quality maps with efficiency.
MAPublisher 8.1 for Illustrator is available free of charge to all MAPublisher for Illustrator customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance members at US$549. New licenses are US$1249. Academic, floating and volume pricing is available. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information:
Avenza Systems ● 416-487-5116 ● email@example.com ● www.avenza.com