– New MAPublisher® add-on offers rule-based collision-free label placement in Adobe® Illustrator® –
Toronto, ON, June 15, 2009 – Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Geographic Imager® spatial tools for Adobe Photoshop® is pleased to announce the release of MAPublisher LabelPro™, a rule-based collision-free label placement system for MAPublisher.
MAPublisher LabelPro functionality is included with the new MAPublisher 8.1 release, the latest version of this powerful mapmaking software used to produce high quality maps from GIS data. MAPublisher LabelPro is available immediately as an add-on to MAPublisher 8.1. Users and evaluators of MAPublisher 8.1 may experience MAPublisher LabelPro functionality in evaluation mode.
“Collision-free text placement has long been wished for by MAPublisher users and we are very delighted and proud to introduce MAPublisher LabelPro as an enhanced labeling solution,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza, “We know that MAPublisher LabelPro will save users countless hours of tedious manual text placement and refinement and is the perfect add-on tool for all MAPublisher users.” he added.
The MAPublisher LabelPro labeling engine offers advanced labeling capabilities beyond those available in the standard version of MAPublisher 8.1 including:
- Sophisticated algorithms that provide the ability to solve many of the most commonly occurring map labeling problems such as
- complex conflict resolution across multiple layers
- the ability to specify existing vector map features as obstacles
- the ability to create complex labeling conventions via user-defined rules
- Use map data attributes for labeling with a much greater level of sophistication using an intuitive configurable interface
- Prioritization of data layers for labeling operations
- The ability to recognize existing type as obstacles for multiple labeling sessions
- Placement rules and properties, once set, can be saved to a file and imported into other files or shared over a network
- Label Lines using symbols (ex. highway shields)
- Comprehensive list of rules and placement options (see website for details)
- Various other functions and features for advanced label placement
MAPublisher LabelPro for Adobe Illustrator is available as an add-on option for MAPublisher 8.1 for US$999. MAPublisher users with active MAPublisher maintenance may purchase MAPublisher LabelPro for US$799. New MAPublisher 8.1 licenses including MAPublisher LabelPro licenses are US$1999. Academic, floating license and volume pricing is available. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about MAPublisher 8.1 for Illustrator
MAPublisher 8.1 for Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of this graphics design software for working with GIS data and producing high-quality maps with efficiency. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information:
Avenza Systems ● 416-487-5116 ● firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.avenza.com