– Powerful geospatial plug-in suite now supports DEMs, MrSID, ECW and more –
Toronto, ON, August 5, 2009 – Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher and MAPublisher LabelPro cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator, Geographic Imager spatial imaging tools for Adobe Photoshop as well as MAPdataUSA, MAPdataCanada and MAPdataWorld royalty-free GIS data sets, announces the release of Geographic Imager 2.5 for Adobe Photoshop. Geographic Imager 2.5 is the latest version of this powerful software that adds geospatial functionality to Adobe Photoshop.
“This release of Geographic Imager takes Adobe Photoshop to a new level with the added support for a multitude of new spatial image formats including ECW, MrSID and DEM, said Doug Smith, Avenza’s Director of Sales. “The support for so many dedicated spatial image formats significantly improves Geographic Imager and Adobe Photoshop as a viable solution for spatial analysis and imaging,” he added.
Geographic Imager enhances the already commanding Adobe Photoshop imaging environment by adding all the tools and technology necessary to support the import, edit, manipulation and export of geospatial images such as aerial and satellite imagery. In addition to allowing the use of Photoshop and its powerful native imaging functions such as cropping, transparencies, individual pixel editing and brightness/contrast control, Geographic Imager adds the ability to import and recognize most georeferenced raster image formats, automatically mosaic and tile images, reproject and transform images, geo-reference images based on ground control points and re-export images with all spatial information intact.
New Features in Geographic Imager version 2.5
- Adds import support for the following DEM formats: Arc/Info ASCII Grid & Binary Grid, DEM USGS/CDED ASCII, Military Elevation Data / DTED, SDTS transfer and SRTM
- Adds import support for the following additional formats: ECW, JPEG 2000, MrSID, PCI EASI/PACE, SGI
- Automatic coordinate system transformation during mosaicking – allows images with different coordinate systems and pixel sizes to be mosaicked by automatically transforming the images to the same coordinate system and pixel size as the destination image in a single process.
- Crop on import – crops incoming images in the newly supported raster formats to a specified size upon import thus allowing large images, which could not be opened, to be successfully imported.
General Features and Benefits of Geographic Imager
- Allows the use of Adobe Photoshop native functionality without destroying the spatial properties of the image
- Import and export a variety of commonly used spatial raster data formats along with all georeferencing
- Georeference non-referenced imagery with Ground Control Point (GCP) transformation
- Reprojection of spatial imagery
- Automatic mosaicking and tiling of spatial imagery
- Export reference points as a csv or log file
- Automated scripting allows for use of Geographic Imager tasks in conjunction with Photoshop’s automation tools
- Mac, Windows and floating licenses available
More about Geographic Imager
Geographic Imager is powerful software for working with spatial imagery in Adobe Photoshop that leverages the superior image editing capabilities of this raster-based image-editing software.
Geographic Imager 2.5 for Photoshop is available in now as a free upgrade for all Geographic Imager customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance members at US$319. New licenses are US$699 for a single-user fixed commercial license. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Educational and floating licenses as well as discounted MAPublisher/Geographic Imager bundles are also available. Full details are available at www.avenza.com/geographicimager.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information:
Avenza Systems ● 416-487-5116 ● email@example.com ● www.avenza.com