– Powerful geospatial plug-in suite now supports Adobe Photoshop CS4 x64 –
Toronto, ON, February 10, 2010 — Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher® and MAPublisher LabelPro® cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator as well as MAPdataUSA, MAPdataCanada and MAPdataWorld royalty-free GIS data sets, announces the release of Geographic Imager® 3.0, the latest in powerful software that adds geospatial functionality to Adobe Photoshop.
“This release of Geographic Imager takes Adobe Photoshop CS4 to a new level with the added support for 64-bit operating systems, improved DEM import support, and an enhanced user interface and tools,” said Doug Smith, Avenza’s Director of Sales. “Responding to our customers is of great importance to us. We have heard our users and have implemented the functionality that they want. We are pleased that our support for so many dedicated spatial image formats has helped Geographic Imager and Adobe Photoshop become a viable solution for spatial analysis and imaging,” he added.
Geographic Imager enhances the already commanding Adobe Photoshop imaging environment by adding all the tools and technology necessary to support geospatial images such as aerial and satellite imagery. In addition to allowing the use of Adobe Photoshop and its powerful native imaging functions such as cropping, transparencies and layer adjustments, Geographic Imager adds the ability to import and recognize common industry raster image formats, automatically mosaic and tile images, reproject and transform images, georeference images based on ground control points and export images with all spatial information intact.
New Features in Geographic Imager version 3.0
- Added support for Adobe Photoshop CS4 x64 (Windows only).
- Added import support for new image formats, including: ESRI BIL, NITF and BigTIFF.
- Improved DEM support allowing schema selection during import, mosaicking and elevation value display.
- Improved Georeference tool – Georeference images using an improved user interface with the ability to specify a different coordinate system when referencing or to remove georeferencing entirely.
- New and improved GeoCrop and GeoCrop Import – new user interface with a crop image preview. Draw a crop marquee or specify pixel, geodetic or projected coordinates to define a crop area quickly.
- All Geographic Imager functions are now fully compatible with scripts and actions to easily automate repetitive tasks.
- New licensing management system for easy management of all licensing options.
General Features and Benefits of Geographic Imager
- Allows the use of Adobe Photoshop native functionality without destroying the spatial properties of the image
- Import and export a variety of commonly used spatial raster data formats along with all georeferencing
- Georeference non-referenced imagery with Ground Control Point (GCP) transformation
- Reproject spatial imagery
- Automatic mosaicking and tiling of spatial imagery
- Export reference points as a csv or log file
- Automated scripting allows for use of Geographic Imager tasks in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop automation tools
- Mac, Windows and floating licenses available
More about Geographic Imager
Geographic Imager is powerful software for working with spatial imagery in Adobe Photoshop that leverages the superior image editing capabilities of this raster-based image-editing software.
Geographic Imager 3.0 for Adobe Photoshop is available now as a free upgrade for all Geographic Imager customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance members at US$319. New licenses are US$699 for a single-user fixed commercial license. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Educational and floating licenses as well as discounted MAPublisher/Geographic Imager bundles are also available. Full details are available at www.avenza.com/geographic-imager.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information:
Avenza Systems ● 416-487-5116 ● email@example.com ● www.avenza.com